Paralegal Job Description
Hunter Law Group, P.A. is growing! We are a full service real estate focused law firm in Prairie Village, Kansas that provides innovative and tailored services to our clients. We are seeking a full or mostly full-time, detail-oriented, friendly, experienced paralegal. This position will play a crucial role in our team by supporting the firm’s attorneys, communicating with potential and current clients and Courts, and handling the day-to-day operations of the firm. We offer a collaborative and supportive work environment with options for a flexible and hybrid schedule. Interested? Keep reading.
A good candidate must share our core values:
- Relationship-Driven: Connecting with clients and each other through intentional, honest and sincere communication.
- Flexibility: Willingness to adapt and adjust to change.
- Quality: Doing our best work by providing a product to our clients that is done effectively and efficiently.
- Innovative: Continually improving and advancing our practices to best meet the needs of our clients and each other.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing all the time.
- Collaborative and Team-oriented: willing to ask questions and talk through any issues that may arise
- Manage assignments and deadlines of trial including court-ordered deadlines and hearing dates
- Monitor dockets and notices from Kansas and Missouri courts
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Understanding of cloud-based file storage is a plus
- Proficient with management software, time/billing software, Clio experience is a plus.
- Proficient in e-filing in Kansas and Missouri
- Review and draft routine legal documents
- Create and maintain case files
- Facilitate the meeting of attorney’s deadlines by keeping organized schedules and providing timely reminders
- Conduct legal research
- File organization both paper and electronic
- Preparing discovery requests and responses and working with clients to secure necessary information and documents related to the discovery
- Preparing basic motions
- Assisting attorneys in preparing for depositions and trials
- Review deposition transcripts with a critical eye and summarize same
- Trial assistance, creating and organizing exhibits
- Draft and review closing checklists and prepare closing binders for real estate transactions
- Prepare correspondence to clients, courts and other counsel
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client information
- Must have previous experience with e-filing and working in litigation. Real estate experience is a plus.
- Proficient with Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Familiarity with billable hours and case management software preferred. Experience with Clio is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Office administration experience is a plus.
- Paralegal- 3+ years (preferred)
- Paralegal Certificate OR Significant Paralegal Experience (preferred)
Pay range is $45,000.00 – $65,000.00 based on experience. Supplemental merit-based bonuses are possible. Please send a resume and cover letter to Mandi Hunter via email: email@example.com.
Specific instructions: Please submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to the attention of Mandi Hunter via email: firstname.lastname@example.org