Susan P. DeCoursey (“Susie”) has over 20 years of legal experience. Susie’s practice has been primarily in the area of civil and commercial litigation. Her primary focus areas have been in mechanic’s liens, creditor’s rights, foreclosure, contract disputes, and construction. She has regularly appeared in Kansas and Missouri state and federal courts. She represents the interest of individuals and business owners. Advises small business owners on day to day issues and prepares contracts and other necessary business documentation. Susie is a determined, earnest and enthusiastic advocate on behalf of her client’s.
Susan received her Juris Doctor from University of Missouri-Kansas City and Bachelor of Business Administration from Southern Methodist University. She is admitted to practice law in Kansas, Missouri and Kentucky as well as U.S. District Courts for the Western District of Missouri, the District of Kansas and U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit.
Civic Activities/Community Involvement
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry
- Association of Women Lawyers
- Junior League of Kansas City, MO
- Belles of the American Royal
- Kansas City Chi Omega Alumni Association
- Wildwood Outdoor Education Center – Vice President, Board of Directors
- Happy Bottoms – Previous Board of Directors